Safest cloud - data protection thanks to secure cloud storage
Read Time: 7 mins | Natalie Hogh
June 15, 2021
Anyone who stores their data online sometimes has a queasy feeling. Can no one really see private photos? Or are you sitting in a glass house? When it comes to choosing a provider, you're in a better position with secure cloud storage. We from leitzcloud take data security and privacy very seriously.
In Germany, we have the best privacy security in the world thanks to a strict GDPR. However, this is exactly where the advantages of the global Internet become a disadvantage: because if the servers are located abroad, the regulations there apply.
Even those who don't like reading the fine print should keep their eyes open when choosing the most secure cloud storage. You can find out what you should look out for in a secure cloud in this article. We also answer the following questions and topics:
Safest cloud - what is important?
A secure cloud depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Secure server location
- Highly secure data centers
- Encrypted data transfer and storage
- Modern safety standards
- Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Recognized certificates
Added to this is the offer of advanced cloud security. This gives you the best data protection within the secure cloud through extensive security options.
Finally, with your own cloud hardware, you can go one step further and store your data as securely as possible.
Let's take a closer look at these aspects, which are crucial for secure cloud storage:
Safest cloud - what should I look out for?
First of all, it is important to know that with the most secure cloud, your data belongs exclusively to you. We guarantee that your data in the leitzcloud will not be analyzed or viewed unsolicited.
As the owner, you retain sole ownership of all information and content copyrights. You alone decide with whom you want to share which data. As a secure cloud, we prevent third parties from viewing and using it.
1. Secure cloud storage through comprehensive basics
You can find the most secure cloud by paying basic attention to the following features:
- What is the legal situation in the country where the server is located? For example, if you choose a provider with the location in Germany, you will benefit from the strictest data protection law in the world.
- What is the encryption like when transferring data? Using zero-knowledge privacy, you ensure that no one but yourself can view the data.
- A secure cloud is 100 percent DSGVO compliant. This means that data is protected in accordance with the strictest data protection law.
Our tip: Well-known certificates help with a comparison and guarantee the unhesitating use of the most secure cloud. These include the TÜV certificate and recognized standards such as ISO and ISAE. But more on that later.
2. Secure cloud storage through the individual cloud security.
In addition to these basics, leitzcloud has customizable options for advanced cloud security. As an administrator, you can request the following defaults from all users to ensure a secure cloud:
- Regular password changes increase the protection of your data.
- Protect against ransomware attacks by restoring corrupted or deleted data as it was before the attack.
- On the one hand, the remote wipe function allows the device to be disconnected from the cloud. On the other hand, all synchronized data can also be removed locally. In case of loss or theft, this is useful for a secure cloud.
- Two-factor authentication requires a second identification after the user has logged in. This can be done by e-mail, SMS or app.
Let's take a closer look at two-step authentication to get an idea of this option for the most secure cloud solution.
Databases including passwords unfortunately fall victim to hackers. They resell them. Then they use the passwords to gain access to your account.
When using multi-level authentication, on the other hand, a password is not enough to gain access to your data.
3. Secure cloud through cloud hardware
Want to go one step further to get the most secure cloud? The cloud hardware provides reliable protection against suspicious activities. These include viruses or attacks from hackers, for example.
With this addition, you have the most secure cloud and some advantages: For example, you can turn off the cloud infrastructure. Because you have your own hardware in your company. In addition, you benefit from a fast connection and complete protection of your data.
Private cloud with leitzcloud
An own server is especially interesting for enterprise companies!
Not sure which is the right solution for your business?
Feel free to contact our experts.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More about data security
You already notice, in addition to many standard options, the most secure cloud offers customizable add-ons. These protect your data even more reliably.
Now let's get down to the nitty gritty. Which cloud is the most secure?
Which cloud is the safest? - A comparison
Choose secure cloud storage so you can upload sensitive data without worrying about it and sleep better at night. When it comes to Internet usage, Google and Dropbox come to mind directly. Can they provide the most secure cloud?
Google Drive - Safest cloud?
In 2016, Google was warned for systematic analysis of personal user data, the data of which was exploited without the express consent of the user. The company also violates the principle of purpose limitation (Art. 5 Abs. 1 b) DSGVO).
This states that personal data "shall be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and shall not be further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes [...]."
The fact is that Google has been collecting a lot of user data for years and compiling it into a personal profile. This can be sold to third parties for a profit. But what about Google Drive? Can it become the most secure cloud?
In general, it can be stated that Google claims fewer rights in Germany than in other countries. Therefore, all copyrights and existing industrial property rights are retained.
Google Drive and leitzcloud
How do the two cloud providers leitzcloud and GoogleDrive differ?
Find out in our comparison!
Google Drive alternative
With the use, on the other hand, you agree to grant a worldwide and temporally unrestricted right. Through this, Google may use the data with the exclusive purpose of providing and using its services.
For example, one grants the right to reproduce and publish content. However, this only applies if the user intends to make the content available to the public or expressly consents to this.
Dropbox - Safest cloud?
Dropbox, like Google, is one of the cloud service providers that stores your data outside of Europe.
While Google's locations vary worldwide, Dropbox's servers are located in the USA.
Because the level of data protection varies by country, there are often legal concerns about data privacy compliance.
leitzcloud und DropBox
Find out how leitzcloud and DropBox differ here!
With Dropbox, the user remains the owner of all rights to his files. However, rights are transferred to the operator, which are indispensable for maintaining the service.
leitzcloud - Safest Cloud?
Our sustainable data center in Frankfurt is equipped with the latest technologies to ensure the most secure cloud. But these alone are not enough for us. They are complemented with the most stringent security measures to enable the most secure cloud storage.
To encrypt your data we use as secure cloud storage:
SSL encryption for an encrypted data exchange between our web browser and server
Storage and data transfer
the most modern AES-256-Bit encryption is used for the following operations:
Web browser communication
WebDAV protocol for mobile devices
Thanks to our tested and certified security specifications, we have a secure cloud storage, work DSGVO compliant and on German soil.
Let's consider our services as the most secure cloud at a glance:
- The Maincubes data center in Frankfurt guarantees that your data is hosted in Germany.
- The data center is monitored around the clock 365 days a year using the most advanced technologies and protected by the strictest security measures.
Let's take a closer look at the security standards of our most secure cloud:
- Strict identity control regulates and records exactly who enters or leaves the data center. We protect your data by:
- biometric access control
- armored walls
- Perimeter Sensing BMS System
- Motion detection
- Our technical department monitors your data around the clock. We report incidents or malfunctions to you immediately and fix them right away.
- To guarantee a fast and smooth upload and download, we use different internet providers and extremely fast internet. We do not impose a bandwidth limit on anyone.
- Our DE-CIX Internet hub in Frankfurt is one of the busiest data exchange points in terms of data volume worldwide. You can benefit from this high-performance infrastructure.
Secure cloud storage - Will certificates help me?
Certificates represent high quality, because they are awarded on the basis of comprehensive specifications and audited regularly. Of course, not every certificate is equal. For the most secure cloud, it pays to trust well-known and trusted certificates.
For example, TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein) is known throughout Germany for its accurate testing. A certificate guarantees the conformity of the products with high standards and show the great confidence that the supplier has in his offer. TÜV certificates can refer to different areas:
For example, as a secure cloud storage, we at leitzcloud have the two awards of our data center:
- TÜV-certified data center: The structural and technical security, as well as the operational management and documentation according to IT security principles meet the high standards.
- TÜV certified management guarantees good management in terms of information security.
In addition to the TÜV, an IOS (International Standardization Organization) certification is known. It ensures that proof of conformity has been obtained through a process and that ISO standards have been met.
We keep our word
Data protection and security are close to our hearts.
Therefore, you can also simply read up on how to protect your data.
Just take a look around our website!
More about data security
This guarantees that strict rules regarding quality and information security management are adequately implemented. The IOS standards of our data center in this area are:
- ISO 27001
- ISAE 3402
Safest cloud - A conclusion
At the latest in a direct comparison, it becomes apparent that ours is the most secure cloud as far as your data is concerned. Let's summarize the most important points again:
- Server in Germany
- 100% DSGVO compliant
- High security measures on- and offline
- TÜV and ISO certified
- Modern encrypted with zero-knowledge privacy
- Remote deletion possible
- Advanced cloud security
- Cloud hardware on site
As a secure cloud storage facility, we also care about the future. That's why we work one hundred percent ecologically and sustainably. For example, our electricity requirements are covered exclusively by renewable energies. In addition, thanks to a modern cooling system, we have a maximum of half the energy consumption of other data centers.
Set up a trial account and get to know all the features of the leitzcloud.